Co-op Program Application
Thank you for considering the Co-op Program at UBC's Okanagan Campus.
The intake for 2016-17 Co-op applications is now closed.
Stay tuned for the 2017-18 intake coming in 2017.
You can prepare for the next application intake by assembling this checklist of documents required in the e-application:
- Resume - the most current version
- Cover letter (no more than one-page)
In your cover letter, please provide developed responses to the following:
- Professionally demonstrate why you should be considered a candidate for the Co-op Program; what sets you apart from other candidates.
- Discuss how you exemplify the qualities and skills that a co-op employer would value, with examples of how you are or have been developing your abilities.
- Discuss your commitment to completing 12 months of Co-op work experience (3 terms), and how this commitment aligns with your future academic and career plans.
- Address cover letter to:
Co-op & Career Coordinator
EME4145 – 1137 Alumni Avenue
Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7
- Intended Work/Academic Schedule
- Timetable: a copy of your class schedule for the academic year (both semesters)
- Copies of unofficial, up-to-date transcript(s): copies of your transcripts for ALL of your post-secondary courses only from all institutions you've attended for your current degree. A 'Grades Summary' screen-shot from your Student Services Account is acceptable.
Evaluation criteriaCo-op is a competitve entry program. Your application will be evaluated on potential impact and fit for the co-op program, the professionalism of your format/style, content, coherence of writing, and correctness of mechanics (grammar/spelling). We will be looking for candidates that demonstrate a keen interest in the co-op program, and have examples to prove their dedication to self-development, leadership and career maturity through previous experience.
Applicants will be assessed overall on:
- Academic standing (minimum 70%)
- Dedication to self-development, and ability to take a leadership role while representing UBC
- Open-minded and entrepreneurial spirited
- Developed communication, interpersonal, organization, and teamwork skills
- Maturity and career motivation
- Flexibility towards pursuing co-op opportunities regardless of geographical location
- Commitment to completing 3 work terms, or 12 months of Co-op Experience.
All complete applications will be assessed, and selected candidates will be asked to attend an in-person co-op interview. You will be notified by email.
PLEASE NOTE, late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Last reviewed 10/12/2016 2:03:35 PM