Co-op Program Application
Applications to the UBC Okanagan Co-op program will be completed through Canvas. The e-application asks students to provide information on their work experience, volunteerism, education background, and personal considerations for choosing to pursue Co-op.
The e-application consists of three sections that students are required to complete in order to be considered for entry into the Co-op Program. Note that there is only one intake per academic year.
- Part 1: Personal Information & Academic History
- Part 2: Experience & Short Answer Questions
- Part 3: One-way video interview
The Co-op Program Office is looking for candidates that demonstrate a keen interest in the Co-op Program, and have examples to prove their dedication to self-development, leadership and career maturity through previous experience. The e-application provides students with the opportunity to highlight these traits. In general, applicants are assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 70%)
- Dedication to self-development, and ability to take a leadership role while representing UBC
- Open-mindedness and willing to step outside of comfort zone
- Developed communication, interpersonal, organization, and teamwork skills
- Maturity and career motivation
- Flexibility towards pursuing Co-op opportunities regardless of geographical location
- Commitment to completing 3 work terms, or 12 months of Co-op Experience prior to graduation
All complete applications will be assessed after the application deadline. Applicants will receive an update on the status of their application on Oct.9.
Note: Students in Engineering need to apply though the UBC Applied Science Co-op Program by September 12. Students in Arts, Fine Arts, Human Kinetics, Management, Media Studies and Sciences may apply here before the September 30 deadline.