Co-op Program Application
Applications to the UBC Okanagan Co-op program will be completed through Canvas. The e-application asks students to provide information on their work experience, volunteerism, education background, and personal considerations for choosing to pursue Co-op.
The e-application consists of three sections that students are required to complete in order to be considered for entry into the Co-op Program. Note that there is only one intake per academic year.
- Part 1: Personal Information & Academic History
- Part 2: Experience & Short Answer Questions
- Part 3: One-way video interview
Applications for the 2020-21 Co-op intake are now closed.
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted. All complete applications will be assessed after the application deadline. Applicants will receive an update on the status of their application on October 9.
The Co-op Program Office is looking for candidates that demonstrate a keen interest in the Co-op Program, and have examples to prove their dedication to self-development, leadership and career maturity through previous experience. The e-application provides students with the opportunity to highlight these traits. In general, applicants are assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 70%)
- Dedication to self-development, and ability to take a leadership role while representing UBC
- Open-mindedness and willing to step outside of comfort zone
- Developed communication, interpersonal, organization, and teamwork skills
- Maturity and career motivation
- Flexibility towards pursuing Co-op opportunities regardless of geographical location
- Commitment to completing 3 work terms, or 12 months of Co-op Experience prior to graduation
All complete applications will be assessed after the application deadline. Applicants will receive an update on the status of their application on Oct.9.
Note: Students in Engineering need to apply though the UBC Engineering Co-op Program by September 13. Students in Arts, Fine Arts, Human Kinetics, Management, Media Studies and Sciences may apply here before the October 4 deadline.