Co-op Program Application
Applications to the UBC Okanagan Co-op program will be completed through Canvas. The e-application asks students to provide information on their work experience, volunteerism, education background, and personal considerations for choosing to pursue Co-op.
The e-application consists of three sections that students are required to complete in order to be considered for entry into the Co-op Program. Note that there is only one intake per academic year.
- Part 1: Personal Information & Academic History
- Part 2: Experience & Short Answer Questions
- Part 3: One-way video interview
Interdisciplinary Co-op Education Program Admissions
Applications for the Interdisciplinary Co-op Education Program 2022-2023 academic year are now closed.
Applications are accepted each year from September 1 – 30.
Details regarding the Interdisciplinary Co-op Education Program, and eligibility requirements can be found below on this page. If you have further questions about the program, please email us. You may also sign up for a reminder when the 2023-24 applications open in September 2023 by clicking the link below.
The Interdisciplinary Co-op Program seeks students that demonstrate a keen interest in personal development, and those that have examples of previous experience to prove their dedication to self-development, leadership and career maturity. The e-application provides students with the opportunity to highlight these traits. In general, applicants are assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 70%) however we still encourage applicants with GPAs below this to apply as applications are assessed on multiple factors including communications, teamwork, maturity and demonstrated career motivation.
- Have 21 academic credits remaining after the academic year in which they are applying
- Dedication to self-development, and the ability to take a leadership role while representing UBC within industry and community
- Open-mindedness and willingness to step outside of their comfort zone
- Developed communication, interpersonal, organization, and teamwork skills
- Maturity and career motivation
- Flexibility towards pursuing Co-op opportunities regardless of geographical location (mobility)
- Commitment to completing 3 work terms, or 12 months of Co-op work experience prior to graduation
Students admitted to the program will compete for work opportunities, just like they would during a “real world” job search. Therefore, we strive to admit well-rounded students who would be strong ambassadors for the program and campus. A student’s application should reflect this, with a strong focus on professionalism in content and format.
Please note: The Co-op Program sees a significant number of applications every year, making the admission process competitive.
Transfer students are encouraged to connect to confirm eligibility.
Note: Students in Engineering need to apply though the UBC Applied Science Co-op Program by September 11. Students in Arts, Fine Arts, Human Kinetics, Management, Media Studies and Sciences must apply before the September 30 deadline.